February 6, 2004
Millea Holdings, Inc.
5-1 Otemachi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
TSE code number: 8766
Announcement regarding share repurchases from the market
Millea Holdings, Inc. announced today that it has repurchased its own shares from the market, pursuant to Article 210 of the Commercial Code, as detailed below.
1. Period in which repurchases were made:
From January 20, 2004 through February 5, 2004.
2. Number of shares repurchased:
3. Aggregate purchase price of shares:
4. Method of repurchase:
Purchased through the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
1. Details of the resolution made at the 1st ordinary general meeting of shareholders
held on June 27, 2003 are as follows.
(a) Class of shares to be repurchased:
Common stock of Millea Holdings, Inc.
(b) Aggregate number of shares to be repurchased:
Up to 120,000 shares.
(Represents approximately 6.5% of the shares outstanding.)
(c) Aggregate purchase price of shares:
Up to 100 billion yen.
2. Status as of February 6, 2004.
(a) Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 51,162 shares.
(b) Aggregate purchase price of shares: 63,505,729,000 yen.